Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Loving God More Than My Dream

"Walking with God will take you to amazing places, but it won't always be where you thought you wanted to go and the road won't always be easy. " As I read and re-read this chapter, some amazing truths stood out to me. God calls us to leave for various reasons, but the ultimate reason is to fulfill his purpose in us. Leaving represents something different for each one of us. Sometimes, we're called to leave because something or someone is not the best for us. Sometimes, we are called to move because we've been sitting in complacency and not fulfilling our destiny. Other times, it's a test. Remember, God doesn't tempt us, but he does test us. Sometimes, God needs to test our strength, our resilience, our faithfulness and our love for Him. He needs to test us to see if we are ready to do what he's called us to do. He needs to test our obedience. He needs to know do we love Him more than the thing or things we think give us so much pleasure. Ask yourself, do you love God enough to give up the thing or things that are keeping you in your wilderness? Are you ready to make the choice between what you want and God's best.
What is God calling you to leave?
As I've read the story of Abraham, I wonder if I too can have that type of faith. Can I leave everything I know based on something God spoke into my spirit? Am I willing to sacrifice my long-waited child because God told me to do it? Obedience is hard. Following God's leading and prompting goes against our fleshly nature. But if we can just muster that faith to step out like Abraham, God is faithful to do just as he said. God can allow some dreams to die because they weren't for us. Other dreams can die and he can resurrect the dead places into something even greater ~ He supplied a ram in the bush for Abraham. Walking in faith means you must surrender all your wants and dreams and follow God. One key to following God and being obedient is recognizing he's calling you.

And the scripture was fulfilled that says, "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,"[a] and he was called God's friend. (James 2:23).

What do you believe God for today and do you have the faith to leave with God? I look forward to a great prayer time and discussion tonight. Be blessed in knowing that He's working on your behalf. I declare great things are happening and even greater things are in store. Be patient, stay in prayer, believe and wait with expectancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment